Monday, September 29, 2008

Catching Up... Part II

What else has been happing... I bought a motorcycle. a 2007 bright freaking yellow Triumph Daytona. A stupid fast sport bike that is a blast to ride. Its nice to be back on a bike again after so many years away. A great aspect of riding is that when I get on the bike, it forces me to put all mundane thoughts away and concentrate on the ride. In a car you have time to mull all the bullshit that piles up in a day. On a bike I find I just can't do this. Its amazing just how fast "bad things" begin to develop when you are just the slighest bit distracted. So I force my self to stop the useless thinking and concentrate on the bike. Its almost a zen state in a way during even a short ride. Just the bike.. me.. and the world about. All the other buzzing thoughts are forced in a lil box to be opened later.. with a nice cold 'tini in hand.

No comments: